In the event of a cardiac arrest, a defibrillator can be the difference between life and death.
Getting access to a machine quickly matters.
In Lowton and Golborne there are several defibrillators available for the public to use in an emergency – and doing so is much easier than you think.
If you suspect someone has suffered a cardiac arrest, call 999 and the operator will have full details of your nearest defibrillator – and will talk you through the very simple steps to use it.
But it never hurts to be aware of where these life-saving machine are located – so we’ve listed those machines we know of below – and we’d love to hear from you if you have information about any others. You can add information in the comments below or email details to email@example.com.
Remember – this information is correct to the best of our knowledge. There are likely to be many more defibrillators out there than those on this list. Some of the machines may only be available on certain days / times – so in an emergency, always dial 999 and be guided by the operator.
Where are the defibrillators in Lowton and Golborne?
The following locations have defibrillators that are available 24 hours a day:
- Slag Lane, Lowton – former telephone box near the shops.
- Little Angels Nursery – Silcock Street, Golborne.
- Golborne High School – Lowton Road. Situated at the front entrance
- Red Lion Pub – Newton Road, Lowton.
- St Mary’s Community Hall – Newton Road, Lowton.
- Sofology – Ashton Road, Golborne.
- Moss Industrial Estate – Croft Court.
- Leigh Fire Station – St Helens Road
The following locations have defibrillators that are available with restricted opening hours – e.g. when the buildings are open:
- Mini-Cam Ltd, Yew Tree Way, Stonecross Estate – available during working hours only.
- St Luke’s Church – Slag Lane
- Millstone Inn – Harvey Lane, Golborne
- Golborne Parkside Club – Rivington Ave, Golborne
- Golborne Sports & Social Club – Stonecross Lane North, Lowton
- All local schools
- All local dentists
Do you know of other locations not on this list?
Please email us or let us know in the comments below.